Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
- Assistant Professor in the Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 2301 Erwin Road, DUMC Box 3096, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6553
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2006
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 2014
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
In the News
- Let’s Talk About All Things Space Duke Space Initiative (Apr 1, 2022 | DukEngin…
- Space: The Next Frontier for Health Care (Aug 12, 2021 | School of Medicine Mag…
- Pratt Robot May Blast Off With Astronauts to Assist With Health Care (Jun 29, 2…
- Lam, Sean Shao Wei, Hamed Zaribafzadeh, Boon Yew Ang, Wendy Webster, Daniel Buckland, Christopher Mantyh, and Hiang Khoon Tan. “Estimation of Surgery Durations Using Machine Learning Methods-A Cross-Country Multi-Site Collaborative Study.” Healthcare (Basel) 10, no. 7 (June 25, 2022). https://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare10071191.
- Antonsen, Erik L., Jerry G. Myers, Lynn Boley, John Arellano, Eric Kerstman, Binaifer Kadwa, Daniel M. Buckland, and Mary Van Baalen. “Estimating medical risk in human spaceflight.” Npj Microgravity 8, no. 1 (March 31, 2022): 8. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41526-022-00193-9.
- Oca, S. R., J. Havas, L. J. Bridgeman, and D. M. Buckland. “Durable Breast Phantom with Geometric and Mechanical Properties approximating Human Tissue for Ultrasound Image and Robotic System Testing.” In 2022 International Symposium on Medical Robotics, Ismr 2022, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISMR48347.2022.9807523.
- Oca, S. R., A. Strong, J. Havas, D. M. Buckland, and L. J. Bridgeman. “Development and Testing of a Durable and Novel Breast Phantom for Robotic Autonomous Ultrasound Systems.” Journal of Medical Robotics Research, January 1, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1142/S2424905X22410100.
- Buckland, Daniel, Megan Parisi, Kaitlin Mctigue, Shu-Chieh Wu, Tina Panontin, Gordon Vos, Devan Petersen, and Alonso Vera. “NASA’s Identified Risks of Adverse Outcomes Due to Inadequate Human Systems Integration Architecture in Human Spaceflight.” In Human Centered Aerospace Systems and Sustainability Applications. AHFE International, 2022. https://doi.org/10.54941/ahfe1001427.