Assistant Professor of Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 2301 Erwin Road, DUMC Box 3096, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6553
- Email Address: email@example.com
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 2014
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011
- M.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2006
Medical device development, acute care technology, space medicine, remote medicine, autonomous medical devices.
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- Buckland, DM; Crowe, RP; Cash, RE; Gondek, S; Maluso, P; Sirajuddin, S; Smith, ER; Dangerfield, P; Shapiro, G; Wanka, C; Panchal, AR; Sarani, B, Ketamine in the Prehospital Environment: A National Survey of Paramedics in the United States., Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, vol 33 no. 1 (2018), pp. 23-28 [10.1017/s1049023x17007142] [abs].
- Buckland, D; Miller, SB, Differences in Physician, Engineer, and Life Scientist Training, Practice, Problem Solving, and Approach to Failure (2017) [abs].
- Menon, AS; Jourdan, D; Nusbaum, DM; Garbino, A; Buckland, DM; Norton, S; Clark, JB; Antonsen, EL, Crew Recovery and Contingency Planning for a Manned Stratospheric Balloon Flight - the StratEx Program., Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, vol 31 no. 5 (2016), pp. 524-531 [10.1017/s1049023x16000601] [abs].
- Garbino, A; Nusbaum, DM; Buckland, DM; Menon, AS; Clark, JB; Antonsen, EL, Emergency Medical Considerations in a Space-Suited Patient., Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance, vol 87 no. 11 (2016), pp. 958-962 [10.3357/amhp.4648.2016] [abs].
- Rosso, C; Buckland, DM; Polzer, C; Sadoghi, P; Schuh, R; Weisskopf, L; Vavken, P; Valderrabano, V, Long-term biomechanical outcomes after Achilles tendon ruptures., Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy : Official Journal of the Esska, vol 23 no. 3 (2015), pp. 890-898 [10.1007/s00167-013-2726-2] [abs].