Assistant Professor of Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 2301 Erwin Road, DUMC Box 3096, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6553
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 2014
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011
- M.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2006
Medical device development, acute care technology, space medicine, remote medicine, autonomous medical devices.
- ME 591: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- Ye, JJ; Zhang, C; Vissoci, JRN; Buckland, D, 162 Optimizing a Drone Network to Deliver Naloxone, Annals of Emergency Medicine, vol 74 no. 4 (2019), pp. S64-S64 [10.1016/j.annemergmed.2019.08.168] [abs].
- Doarn, CR; Travis, TW; Currie-Gregg, NK; Nicogossian, AE; Weyland, M; Shepanek, M; Null, C; Buckland, DM; Miller, SB; Liskowsky, D; Fuller, D; Francisco, D; Walton, M; Antonsen, E; Rochlis, J; Witt, EG; Williams, RS, Engineering, Life Sciences, and Health/Medicine Synergy in Aerospace Human Systems Integration: The Rosetta Stone Project - An Executive Summary, New Space, vol 7 no. 2 (2019), pp. 110-113 [10.1089/space.2018.0029] [abs].
- Buckland, DM; Crowe, RP; Cash, RE; Gondek, S; Maluso, P; Sirajuddin, S; Smith, ER; Dangerfield, P; Shapiro, G; Wanka, C; Panchal, AR; Sarani, B, Ketamine in the Prehospital Environment: A National Survey of Paramedics in the United States., Prehosp Disaster Med, vol 33 no. 1 (2018), pp. 23-28 [10.1017/S1049023X17007142] [abs].
- Buckland, D; Miller, SB, Differences in Physician, Engineer, and Life Scientist Training, Practice, Problem Solving, and Approach to Failure (2017) [abs].
- Menon, AS; Jourdan, D; Nusbaum, DM; Garbino, A; Buckland, DM; Norton, S; Clark, JB; Antonsen, EL, Crew Recovery and Contingency Planning for a Manned Stratospheric Balloon Flight - the StratEx Program., Prehosp Disaster Med, vol 31 no. 5 (2016), pp. 524-531 [10.1017/S1049023X16000601] [abs].