Assistant Professor of Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 2301 Erwin Road, DUMC Box 3096, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6553
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 2014
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011
- M.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2006
Medical device development, acute care technology, space medicine, remote medicine, autonomous medical devices.
- ME 591: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
In the News
- Pratt Robot May Blast Off With Astronauts to Assist With Health Care (Jun 29, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Starks, MA; Blewer, AL; Sharpe, E; Van Vleet, L; Riley, J; Arnold, E; Slattery, J; Joiner, A; Buckland, DM; Ye, J; Mark, D, BYSTANDER PERFORMANCE DURING SIMULATED DRONE DELIVERY OF AN AED FOR MOCK OUT-OF-HOSPITAL CARDIAC ARREST, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol 75 no. 11 (2020), pp. 303-303 [10.1016/s0735-1097(20)30930-x] [abs].
- Ye, JJ; Zhang, C; Vissoci, JRN; Buckland, D, 162 Optimizing a Drone Network to Deliver Naloxone, Annals of Emergency Medicine, vol 74 no. 4 (2019), pp. S64-S64 [10.1016/j.annemergmed.2019.08.168] [abs].
- Doarn, CR; Travis, TW; Currie-Gregg, NK; Nicogossian, AE; Weyland, M; Shepanek, M; Null, C; Buckland, DM; Miller, SB; Liskowsky, D; Fuller, D; Francisco, D; Walton, M; Antonsen, E; Rochlis, J; Witt, EG; Williams, RS, Engineering, Life Sciences, and Health/Medicine Synergy in Aerospace Human Systems Integration: The Rosetta Stone Project - An Executive Summary, New Space, vol 7 no. 2 (2019), pp. 110-113 [10.1089/space.2018.0029] [abs].
- Buckland, DM; Cummings, MM; Mark, DB; Banerjee, AG; Snyder, K; Starks, MA, Design Considerations for UAV-Delivered Opioid Overdose Interventions, Ieee Aerospace Conference Proceedings, vol 2019-March (2019) [10.1109/AERO.2019.8741937] [abs].
- Buckland, DM; Crowe, RP; Cash, RE; Gondek, S; Maluso, P; Sirajuddin, S; Smith, ER; Dangerfield, P; Shapiro, G; Wanka, C; Panchal, AR; Sarani, B, Ketamine in the Prehospital Environment: A National Survey of Paramedics in the United States., Prehosp Disaster Med, vol 33 no. 1 (2018), pp. 23-28 [10.1017/S1049023X17007142] [abs].