Assistant Professor of Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 2301 Erwin Road, DUMC Box 3096, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6553
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 2014
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011
- M.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2006
Medical device development, acute care technology, space medicine, remote medicine, autonomous medical devices.
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 591: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
In the News
- Pratt Robot May Blast Off With Astronauts to Assist With Health Care (Jun 29, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Starks, MA; Blewer, AL; Chow, C; Sharpe, E; Van Vleet, L; Joiner, A; Arnold, E; Slattery, J; Simmons, D; Buckland, DM; Mark, DB, Bystander Timed Treatment Intervals During Mock Cardiac Arrest Codes in the Durham-Delivered AED Network Pilot, Circulation, vol 142 no. 24 (2020), pp. E498-E498 [abs].
- Starks, MA; Sperling, J; Cardenas, A; Blewer, AL; Sharpe, E; Buckland, DM; Joiner, A; Zegre-Hemsey, J; Mark, DB, Barriers and Opportunities for a Drone-Delivered AED Network in Durham, North Carolina, Circulation, vol 142 (2020) [10.1161/circ.142.suppl_4.151Circulation] [abs].
- Chow, C; Blewer, AL; Sharpe, E; Van Vleet, L; Arnold, E; Slattery, J; Buckland, DM; Joiner, A; Mark, DB; Starks, MA, Abstract 231: Single Bystander CPR Performance During Drone AED Delivery for Simulated Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest, Circulation, vol 142 no. Suppl_4 (2020) [10.1161/circ.142.suppl_4.231] [abs].
- Starks, MA; Blewer, AL; Sharpe, E; Van Vleet, L; Riley, J; Arnold, E; Slattery, J; Joiner, A; Buckland, DM; Ye, J; Mark, D, BYSTANDER PERFORMANCE DURING SIMULATED DRONE DELIVERY OF AN AED FOR MOCK OUT-OF-HOSPITAL CARDIAC ARREST, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol 75 no. 11 (2020), pp. 303-303 [10.1016/s0735-1097(20)30930-x] [abs].
- Ye, JJ; Zhang, C; Vissoci, JRN; Buckland, D, 162 Optimizing a Drone Network to Deliver Naloxone, Annals of Emergency Medicine, vol 74 no. 4 (2019), pp. S64-S64 [10.1016/j.annemergmed.2019.08.168] [abs].