Assistant Professor of Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 2301 Erwin Road, DUMC Box 3096, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6553
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 2014
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011
- M.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2006
Medical device development, acute care technology, space medicine, remote medicine, autonomous medical devices.
- Buckland, DM; Crowe, RP; Cash, RE; Gondek, S; Maluso, P; Sirajuddin, S; Smith, ER; Dangerfield, P; Shapiro, G; Wanka, C; Panchal, AR; Sarani, B, Ketamine in the Prehospital Environment: A National Survey of Paramedics in the United States., Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, vol 33 no. 1 (2018), pp. 23-28 [10.1017/s1049023x17007142] [abs].
- Buckland, D; Miller, SB, Differences in Physician, Engineer, and Life Scientist Training, Practice, Problem Solving, and Approach to Failure (2017) [abs].
- Rosso, C; Buckland, DM; Polzer, C; Sadoghi, P; Schuh, R; Weisskopf, L; Vavken, P; Valderrabano, V, Long-term biomechanical outcomes after Achilles tendon ruptures., Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy : Official Journal of the Esska, vol 23 no. 3 (2015), pp. 890-898 [10.1007/s00167-013-2726-2] [abs].
- M. Buckland, D; Sadoghi, P; Wimmer, MD; Vavken, P; Pagenstert, GI; Valderrabano, V; Rosso, C, Meta-analysis on biomechanical properties of meniscus repairs: are devices better than sutures?, Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy : Official Journal of the Esska, vol 23 no. 1 (2015), pp. 83-89 [10.1007/s00167-014-2966-9] [abs].
- Cereatti, A; Calderone, M; Buckland, DM; Buettner, A; Della Croce, U; Rosso, C, In vivo glenohumeral translation under anterior loading in an open-MRI set-up., Journal of Biomechanics, vol 47 no. 15 (2014), pp. 3771-3775 [10.1016/j.jbiomech.2014.09.021] [abs].