Master of Engineering (MEng)
An Industry-Focused Option with Internship
The Duke MEMS Master of Engineering degree provides a unique combination of advantages that only Duke can offer:
- Interdisciplinary training in engineering, science and management
- Flexible, individualized curriculum combined with required industry internship
- Three-semester study plans without a thesis
- Excellent career outcomes in industry
"The Duke MEMS Master of Engineering program challenged me every single day by forcing me to step out of my comfort zone and adapt."
Davide Di Nubila, MEng '20
Propulsion Test Engineer, Isar Aerospace
More About Career Outcomes »
3 SEMESTERS + 1 Internship
The Duke Master of Engineering includes a flexible curriculum of engineering, science and business training over three semesters—about 1 1/2 years:
- Get rigorous training while developing an engineering specialty of your own design
- Business courses are enhanced by an internship with a leading company
See all our Concentrations »
See a typical Master of Engineering study plan »
Excellent Graduate Outcomes
- Nearly 90 percent of recent graduates found employment within six months
- Starting salaries for recent graduates in industry jobs averaged over $78,000
Typical Study Plan
- 2 Industry preparation courses
- 5 Courses in your area of study
- 3 Elective courses
- 1 Internship
|Industry Preparation||Core Courses||Elective Courses|
|Semester 1||MEng 570: Business Fundamentals||Core Course||Elective|
|Semester 2||MEng 540: Leadership & Management||Math Course||Elective|
|Summer||MEng 550: Internship or Project
|Semester 3||MEng 551: Internship Assessment
Averages of recently admitted applicants*:
- GRE Quantitative: 163-169
- GRE Verbal: 152-161
- UGPA: 3.4-3.7
Cost of Attendance
Students typically enroll for three semesters of full-time study. Please note there is no tuition charge for an internship course.
Limited financial aid is available to highly qualified candidates through academic scholarships with an emphasis on increasing diversity within our master's degree programs.
Underrepresented minorities may receive up to 50 percent per year in tuition scholarship through our Diversity Scholarships. Additionally, up to $10,000 per year may be allocated for the student to gain experience in a research setting under the direction of a principal investigator.
Contact us for more information.