Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Greg Twiss is a Principal Engineer in Supply Chain Operations at Cisco Systems. In this role, he is responsible for design, development and production strategies across Cisco Supply Chain, Engineering, and Partner groups. He has also held Engineering executive management positions leading product design teams across Cisco’s routing, switching, security, and collaboration product lines.
Before Cisco, Greg was a client manager, program manager and senior product designer at IDEO Product Development. There, he led product design and innovation consulting projects directing Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Industrial Design, and Human Factors disciplines. Prior to IDEO, Greg held technical management and analyst positions at Lockheed-Martin in high-speed aero-thermodynamics. He also provided design support for flight vehicle and wind tunnel testing at NASA-Ames Research Center.
Greg has a significant interest in product design and design thinking practices with a particular focus on the role of improvisation and prototyping in product development, presentation and visualization skills, and improving customer experience design.
In addition, he has 50 Patents awarded and pending in the mechanical design, healthcare, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications, user interfaces, and data analytics fields.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Adjunct Associate Professor in the Pratt School of Engineering
- Office Location: 305 Teer Bldg, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5206
- Email Address: email@example.com
- M.Sc. Stanford University, 1990
Product design and design-thinking practices, with a particular focus on the role of improvisation and prototyping in product development; presentation and visualization skills, and improving customer-experience design.
- EGR 121L: Engineering Innovation
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
- EGR 391: Projects in Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- EGRMGMT 590: Advanced Topics in Engineering Management
In the News
- Mission Impossible: By Land, By Water & By Air (Jun 10, 2019)
- Mission Impossible? Engineering Students Take on the Challenges (Dec 12, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Fun in a Box: Happy Meal Challenge Teaches First-Year Students Design Thinking (Apr 20, 2017 | Duke University Pratt School of Engineering)