Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
- Associate Professor in the Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Associate Professor in Head & Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 303 Research Drive, Box 3050, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-2610
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 2008
- Massachusetts General Hospital, 2009
- Massachusetts General Hospital, 2014
- BME 899: Special Readings in Biomedical Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ME 391: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 491: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 591: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
In the News
- Duke MEDx: A Better Way to Clean Public Spaces, Reduce Disease Transmission (Ju…
- Inventing New Ways of Doing Brain Surgery (Jan 13, 2020 | Duke Research Blog)
- As a Buddhist Priest, Neurosurgeon Finds Deep Connection with Patients (Jul 17,…
- Brain Surgery May Get A Bit Easier, With Augmented Reality (Oct 5, 2016)
- New Clinic Offers Multidisciplinary Approach to Pituitary Tumors (Mar 15, 2016 …
- Helmkamp, Joshua K., Elliot Le, Ian Hill, Rachel Hein, Suhail Mithani, Patrick Codd, and Marc Richard. “Addressing Surgical Instrument Oversupply: A Focused Literature Review and Case-Study in Orthopedic Hand Surgery.” Hand (N Y) 17, no. 6 (November 2022): 1250–56. https://doi.org/10.1177/15589447211017233.
- Hill, Ian, Lindsey Olivere, Joshua Helmkamp, Elliot Le, Westin Hill, John Wahlstedt, Phillip Khoury, et al. “Measuring intraoperative surgical instrument use with radio-frequency identification.” Jamia Open 5, no. 1 (April 2022): ooac003. https://doi.org/10.1093/jamiaopen/ooac003.
- Lazutkin, A., R. A. Hachem, P. J. Codd, A. R. Zomorodi, and D. W. Jang. “Use of Tympanostomy T-Tube for Endoscopic Endonasal Marsupialization of Small Rathke's Cleft Cysts: A Case Series.” Journal of Neurological Surgery, Part B: Skull Base, January 1, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0042-1755572.
- Tucker, Matthew, Matthew Lacayo, Suzanna Joseph, Weston Ross, Pakawat Chongsathidkiet, Peter Fecci, and Patrick J. Codd. “Creation of Non-Contact Device for Use in Metastatic Melanoma Margin Identification in ex vivo Mouse Brain.” Proc Spie Int Soc Opt Eng 11945 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2608975.
- Olivere, Lindsey A., Ian T. Hill, Samantha M. Thomas, Patrick J. Codd, and Laura H. Rosenberger. “Radiofrequency Identification Track for Tray Optimization: An Instrument Utilization Pilot Study in Surgical Oncology.” J Surg Res 264 (August 2021): 490–98. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2021.02.049.