Patrick James Codd
Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 303 Research Drive, Box 3050, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-2610
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Massachusetts General Hospital, 2014
- Massachusetts General Hospital, 2009
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 2008
Minimally invasive neurosurgical device development and neurosurgical robotics.
- ME 591: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- NEUROSCI 493: Research Independent Study 1
In the News
- Inventing New Ways of Doing Brain Surgery (Jan 13, 2020 | Duke Research Blog)
- As a Buddhist Priest, Neurosurgeon Finds Deep Connection with Patients (Jul 17, 2018 | Duke Health Blog)
- Brain Surgery May Get A Bit Easier, With Augmented Reality (Oct 5, 2016)
- New Clinic Offers Multidisciplinary Approach to Pituitary Tumors (Mar 15, 2016 | Clinical Practice Today)
- Kemeny, HR; Elsamadicy, AA; Farber, SH; Champion, CD; Lorrey, SJ; Chongsathidkiet, P; Woroniecka, KI; Cui, X; Shen, SH; Rhodin, KE; Tsvankin, V; Everitt, J; Sanchez-Perez, L; Healy, P; McLendon, RE; Codd, PJ; Dunn, IF; Fecci, PE, Targeting PD-L1 Initiates Effective Antitumor Immunity in a Murine Model of Cushing Disease., Clinical Cancer Research : an Official Journal of the American Association for Cancer Research, vol 26 no. 5 (2020), pp. 1141-1151 [10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-18-3486] [abs].
- Ma, G; Ross, W; Tucker, M; Codd, P, Characterization of photoablation versus incidence angle in soft tissue laser surgery: An experimental phantom study, Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging Proceedings of Spie, vol 11238 (2020) [10.1117/12.2546229] [abs].
- Choi, KJ; Jang, DW; Zomorodi, AR; Codd, PJ; Friedman, A; Abi Hachem, R, Novel Application of Steroid Eluting Stent in Petrous Apex Cholesterol Granuloma., Journal of Neurological Surgery Part B: Skull Base, vol 80 no. 5 (2019), pp. 500-504 [10.1055/s-0038-1675751] [abs].
- Choi, KJ; Ackall, FY; Truong, T; Cheng, TZ; Kuchibhatla, M; Zomorodi, AR; Codd, PJ; Fecci, PE; Hachem, RA; Jang, DW, Sinonasal Quality of Life Outcomes After Extended Endonasal Approaches to the Skull Base., Journal of Neurological Surgery Part B: Skull Base, vol 80 no. 4 (2019), pp. 416-423 [10.1055/s-0038-1675592] [abs].
- Ma, G; Ross, WA; Hill, I; Narasimhan, N; Codd, PJ, A novel laser scalpel system for computer-assisted laser surgery, Proceedings Ieee International Conference on Robotics and Automation, vol 2019-May (2019), pp. 386-392 [10.1109/ICRA.2019.8794066] [abs].