Patrick James Codd
Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 303 Research Drive, Box 3050, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-2610
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Massachusetts General Hospital, 2014
- Massachusetts General Hospital, 2009
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 2008
Minimally invasive neurosurgical device development and neurosurgical robotics.
- ME 591: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- NEUROSCI 493: Research Independent Study 1
In the News
- As a Buddhist Priest, Neurosurgeon Finds Deep Connection with Patients (Jul 17, 2018 | Duke Health Blog)
- Brain Surgery May Get A Bit Easier, With Augmented Reality (Oct 5, 2016)
- New Clinic Offers Multidisciplinary Approach to Pituitary Tumors (Mar 15, 2016 | Clinical Practice Today)
- Choi, KJ; Jang, DW; Zomorodi, AR; Codd, PJ; Friedman, A; Abi Hachem, R, Novel Application of Steroid Eluting Stent in Petrous Apex Cholesterol Granuloma., Journal of Neurological Surgery Part B: Skull Base, vol 80 no. 5 (2019), pp. 500-504 [10.1055/s-0038-1675751] [abs].
- Choi, KJ; Ackall, FY; Truong, T; Cheng, TZ; Kuchibhatla, M; Zomorodi, AR; Codd, PJ; Fecci, PE; Hachem, RA; Jang, DW, Sinonasal Quality of Life Outcomes After Extended Endonasal Approaches to the Skull Base., Journal of Neurological Surgery Part B: Skull Base, vol 80 no. 4 (2019), pp. 416-423 [10.1055/s-0038-1675592] [abs].
- Ma, G; Ross, WA; Hill, I; Narasimhan, N; Codd, PJ, A novel laser scalpel system for computer-assisted laser surgery, Proceedings Ieee International Conference on Robotics and Automation, vol 2019-May (2019), pp. 386-392 [10.1109/ICRA.2019.8794066] [abs].
- Tan, CL; Pang, YH; Lim, KHC; Sein, L; Codd, PJ; McLendon, RE, Two Extraordinary Sellar Neuronal Tumors: Literature Review and Comparison of Clinicopathologic Features., Am J Clin Pathol, vol 151 no. 3 (2019), pp. 241-254 [10.1093/ajcp/aqy155] [abs].
- Ross, WA; Hill, WM; Hoang, KB; Laarakker, AS; Mann, BP; Codd, PJ, Automating neurosurgical tumor resection surgery: Volumetric laser ablation of cadaveric porcine brain with integrated surface mapping., Lasers Surg Med, vol 50 no. 10 (2018), pp. 1017-1024 [10.1002/lsm.23000] [abs].