Walter N. Simmons
Gendell Family Associate Professor of the Practice
Appointments and Affiliations
- Gendell Family Associate Professor of the Practice
- Associate Professor of the Practice in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5297
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2001
- B.S.E. Bucknell University, 1998
- EGR 121L: Engineering Innovation
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
- EGR 424L: Energy and Environment Design
- ENRGYEGR 490: Special Topics in Energy Engineering
- ENVIRON 452L: Energy and Environment Design
- ME 391: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 421L: Mechanical Design
- ME 424L: Mechanical Systems Design
- ME 490: Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- Shin, RH; Lautz, JM; Cabrera, FJ; Shami, CJ; Goldsmith, ZG; Kuntz, NJ; Kaplan, AG; Neisius, A; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Evaluation of Novel Ball-Tip Holmium Laser Fiber: Impact on Ureteroscope Performance and Fragmentation Efficiency., Journal of Endourology, vol 30 no. 2 (2016), pp. 189-194 [abs].
- Neisius, A; Smith, NB; Sankin, G; Kuntz, NJ; Madden, JF; Fovargue, DE; Mitran, S; Lipkin, ME; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Zhong, P, Improving the lens design and performance of a contemporary electromagnetic shock wave lithotripter., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of USA, vol 111 no. 13 (2014), pp. E1167-E1175 [abs].
- Mancini, JG; Neisius, A; Smith, N; Sankin, G; Astroza, GM; Lipkin, ME; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Zhong, P, Assessment of a modified acoustic lens for electromagnetic shock wave lithotripters in a swine model., The Journal of Urology, vol 190 no. 3 (2013), pp. 1096-1101 [10.1016/j.juro.2013.02.074] [abs].
- Fovargue, DE; Mitran, S; Smith, NB; Sankin, GN; Simmons, WN; Zhong, P, Experimentally validated multiphysics computational model of focusing and shock wave formation in an electromagnetic lithotripter., The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol 134 no. 2 (2013), pp. 1598-1609 [10.1121/1.4812881] [abs].
- Goldsmith, ZG; Rai, S; Neisius, A; Astroza, GM; Wang, AJ; Iqbal, MW; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Effects of holmium: YAG laser energy settings on fiber tip degradation, British Journal of Surgery, vol 100 (2013), pp. 69-69 [abs].