Walter N. Simmons
Gendell Family Associate Professor of the Practice
Appointments and Affiliations
- Gendell Family Associate Professor of the Practice
- Professor of the Practice in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 144 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5297
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2001
- B.S.E. Bucknell University, 1998
- EGR 121L: Engineering Innovation
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
- ENRGYEGR 490: Special Topics in Energy Engineering
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 421L: Mechanical Design
- ME 424L: Mechanical Systems Design
- ME 490: Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 491: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- Wollin, DA; Ackerman, A; Yang, C; Chen, T; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Variable Pulse Duration From a New Holmium:YAG Laser: The Effect on Stone Comminution, Fiber Tip Degradation, and Retropulsion in a Dusting Model., Urology, vol 103 (2017), pp. 47-51 [10.1016/j.urology.2017.01.007] [abs].
- Xing, Y; Chen, TT; Simmons, WN; Sankin, G; Cocks, FH; Lipkin, ME; Preminger, GM; Zhong, P, Comparison of Broad vs Narrow Focal Width Lithotripter Fields., Journal of Endourology, vol 31 no. 5 (2017), pp. 502-509 [10.1089/end.2016.0560] [abs].
- Dale, J; Kaplan, AG; Radvak, D; Shin, R; Ackerman, A; Chen, T; Scales, CD; Ferrandino, MN; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Evaluation of a Novel Single-Use Flexible Ureteroscope., Journal of Endourology (2017) [10.1089/end.2016.0237] [abs].
- Kaplan, AG; Chen, TT; Sankin, G; Yang, C; Dale, JA; Simmons, WN; Zhong, P; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Comparison of the Nanopulse Lithotripter to the Holmium Laser: Stone Fragmentation Efficiency and Impact on Flexible Ureteroscope Deflection and Flow., Journal of Endourology, vol 30 no. 11 (2016), pp. 1150-1154 [10.1089/end.2016.0228] [abs].
- Shin, RH; Lautz, JM; Cabrera, FJ; Shami, CJ; Goldsmith, ZG; Kuntz, NJ; Kaplan, AG; Neisius, A; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Evaluation of Novel Ball-Tip Holmium Laser Fiber: Impact on Ureteroscope Performance and Fragmentation Efficiency., Journal of Endourology, vol 30 no. 2 (2016), pp. 189-194 [10.1089/end.2015.0300] [abs].