Walter N. Simmons
Gendell Family Associate Professor of the Practice
Appointments and Affiliations
- Gendell Family Associate Professor of the Practice
- Associate Professor of the Practice in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 144 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5297
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2001
- B.S.E. Bucknell University, 1998
- EGR 121L: Engineering Innovation
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
- ENRGYEGR 490: Special Topics in Energy Engineering
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 421L: Mechanical Design
- ME 424L: Mechanical Systems Design
- ME 490: Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 491: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- Kaplan, AG; Chen, TT; Sankin, G; Yang, C; Dale, JA; Simmons, WN; Zhong, P; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Comparison of the Nanopulse Lithotripter to the Holmium Laser: Stone Fragmentation Efficiency and Impact on Flexible Ureteroscope Deflection and Flow., Journal of Endourology, vol 30 no. 11 (2016), pp. 1150-1154 [10.1089/end.2016.0228] [abs].
- Shin, RH; Lautz, JM; Cabrera, FJ; Shami, CJ; Goldsmith, ZG; Kuntz, NJ; Kaplan, AG; Neisius, A; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Evaluation of Novel Ball-Tip Holmium Laser Fiber: Impact on Ureteroscope Performance and Fragmentation Efficiency., Journal of Endourology, vol 30 no. 2 (2016), pp. 189-194 [10.1089/end.2015.0300] [abs].
- Perim, E; Lee, D; Liu, Y; Toher, C; Gong, P; Li, Y; Simmons, WN; Levy, O; Vlassak, JJ; Schroers, J; Curtarolo, S, Spectral descriptors for bulk metallic glasses based on the thermodynamics of competing crystalline phases., Nature Communications, vol 7 (2016) [10.1038/ncomms12315] [abs].
- Neisius, A; Smith, NB; Sankin, G; Kuntz, NJ; Madden, JF; Fovargue, DE; Mitran, S; Lipkin, ME; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Zhong, P, Improving the lens design and performance of a contemporary electromagnetic shock wave lithotripter., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of USA, vol 111 no. 13 (2014), pp. E1167-E1175 [10.1073/pnas.1319203111] [abs].
- Mancini, JG; Neisius, A; Smith, N; Sankin, G; Astroza, GM; Lipkin, ME; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Zhong, P, Assessment of a modified acoustic lens for electromagnetic shock wave lithotripters in a swine model., The Journal of Urology, vol 190 no. 3 (2013), pp. 1096-1101 [10.1016/j.juro.2013.02.074] [abs].