Gendell Family Professor of the Practice
Appointments and Affiliations
- Gendell Family Professor of the Practice
- Professor of the Practice in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 309 Hudson Hall, Box 90300, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5297
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.S.E. Bucknell University, 1998
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2001
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Klein Family Distinguished Teaching Award. Pratt School of Engineering. 2012
- ENRGYEGR 490: Special Topics in Energy Engineering
- ENRGYEGR 590: Special Topics in Energy Engineering
- ME 391: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 421L: Mechanical Design
- ME 424L: Mechanical Systems Design
- ME 490: Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 491: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- Tran, Sabrina, Junqin Chen, Gunnar Kozel, Eric T. Chang, Trina Phung, Yanxi Peng, Zachary Dionise, et al. “Development of an optically transparent kidney model for laser lithotripsy research.” Bju Int 132, no. 1 (July 2023): 36–39. https://doi.org/10.1111/bju.16015.
- Economopoulos, Konstantinos P., Paul Fearis, W Neal Simmons, Eric S. Richardson, and Sean P. Montgomery. “A Portable Negative Pressure Isolation System as a Solution to Minimize Exposure of Health Care Providers to Infectious Pathogens.” Am Surg 88, no. 8 (August 2022): 1901–3. https://doi.org/10.1177/00031348221086783.
- Dale, Joanne, Adam G. Kaplan, Daniela Radvak, Richard Shin, Anika Ackerman, Tony Chen, Charles D. Scales, et al. “Evaluation of a Novel Single-Use Flexible Ureteroscope.” J Endourol 35, no. 6 (June 2021): 903–7. https://doi.org/10.1089/end.2016.0237.
- Wollin, Daniel A., Westin R. Tom, Ruiyang Jiang, W Neal Simmons, Glenn M. Preminger, and Michael E. Lipkin. “An in vitro evaluation of laser settings and location in the efficiency of the popcorn effect.” Urolithiasis 47, no. 4 (August 2019): 377–82. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00240-018-1066-6.
- Carlos, Evan C., Jingqiu Li, Brian J. Young, Daniela Radvak, Daniel A. Wollin, Brenton B. Winship, Walter Neal Simmons, Glenn M. Preminger, and Michael E. Lipkin. “Let's Get to the Point: Comparing Insertion Characteristics and Scope Damage of Flat-Tip and Ball-Tip Holmium Laser Fibers.” J Endourol 33, no. 1 (January 2019): 22–26. https://doi.org/10.1089/end.2018.0229.