Adjunct Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Lorente's research interests encompass vascularized materials, constructal theory, porous media, fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 144 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5314
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. INSA Toulouse (France), 1996
- Bejan, Adrian, and Sylvie Lorente. “Design with Constructal Theory,” September 9, 2008.
- Bejan, A., and S. Lorente. “Constructal tree-shaped flow structures.” Applied Thermal Engineering 27, no. 4 (March 1, 2007): 755–61. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2006.10.008.
- Lorente, Sylvie, Dorinel Voinitchi, Pascale Bégué-Escaffit, and Xavier Bourbon. “The single-valued diffusion coefficient for ionic diffusion through porous media.” Journal of Applied Physics 101, no. 2 (January 15, 2007). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2426375.
- Nguyen, T. S., S. Lorente, and M. Carcasses. “The influence of temperature levels on chloride diffusion through mortar.” Advances in Cement Research 19, no. 1 (January 2007): 17–24. https://doi.org/10.1680/adcr.2007.19.1.17.
- Lorente, S., and A. Bejan. “Heterogeneous porous media as multiscale structures for maximum flow access.” Journal of Applied Physics 100, no. 11 (December 1, 2006). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2396842.