Dickinson Family Associate Professor
Miroslav Pajic's research focuses on design and analysis of cyber-physical systems with varying levels of autonomy and human interaction, at the intersection of (more traditional) areas of embedded systems, AI, learning and controls, formal methods and robotics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Dickinson Family Associate Professor
- Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Professor in the Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of Pennsylvania, 2012
Research InterestsDesign and analysis of autonomous cyber-physical systems (CPS), and in particular, embedded systems, AI, learning and controls, CPS security and high-assurance autonomy, with various application domains including robotics, automotive, and medical systems
- ECE 292: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 459: Introduction to Embedded Systems
- ECE 493: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 495: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 496: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 567: Cyber-Physical System Design
- ECE 701S: Being a Successful ECE Masters Student
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ME 591: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- MENG 550: Master of Engineering Internship/Project
- MENG 551: Master of Engineering Internship/Project Assessment
- MENG 552: Master of Engineering Supplemental Internship
In the News
- In Driverless Cars, Objects May Be Dangerously Close (Mar 15, 2022 | Pratt Scho…
- Meet the Newly Tenured Faculty of 2021 (Sep 21, 2021 | Office of Faculty Advanc…
- Finding Free Bytes for Security (Oct 12, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Duke Partners with NSF, Others to Secure and Protect the Emerging Internet of T…
- Miroslav Pajic: Making Smart Systems That Interact with the Physical World (Apr…
- Pajic, M., J. Park, I. Lee, G. J. Pappas, and O. Sokolsky. “Automatic Verification of Linear Controller Software,” 217–26. IEEE, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/EMSOFT.2015.7318277.
- Ivanov, R, Insup, Insup Atanasov, N, M. Pajic, M. Pappas, G.J., and M. Lee, I. “Robust Estimation Using Context-Aware Filtering,” 2015.
- Jakovljevic, Z., P. B. Petrovic, D. Milkovic, and M. Pajic. “Diagnosis of irregularities in the robotized part mating process based on contextual recognition of contact states transitions.” Assembly Automation 35, no. 2 (April 7, 2015): 190–99. https://doi.org/10.1108/AA-10-2014-077.
- Jakovljevic, Z., R. Puzovic, and M. Pajic. “Recognition of Planar Segments in Point Cloud based on Wavelet Transform.” Ieee Transactions on Industrial Informatics, April 2015, 342–52. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2015.2389195.
- Gatsis, K., M. Pajic, A. Ribeiro, and G. J. Pappas. “Opportunistic Control Over Shared Wireless Channels.” Ieee Transactions on Automatic Control, March 2015, 3140–55. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2015.2416922.
- Faruque, M. A. A., F. Regazzoni, and M. Pajic. “Design methodologies for securing cyber-physical systems.” In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis (Codes+Isss), edited by G. Nicolescu and A. Gerstlauer, 30–36. IEEE, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/CODESISSS.2015.7331365.
- Park, J., R. Ivanov, J. Weimer, M. Pajic, and I. Lee. “Sensor attack detection in the presence of transient faults.” In Proceedings of the 6th Acm/Ieee International Conference on Cyber Physical Systems (Iccps), edited by A. M. Bayen and M. S. Branicky, 1–10. ACM, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1145/2735960.2735984.
- Jiang, Z., M. Pajic, R. Alur, and R. Mangharam. “Closed-loop verification of medical devices with model abstraction and refinement.” International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer 16, no. 2 (April 1, 2014): 191–213. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10009-013-0289-7.
- Pajic, M., J. Weimer, N. Bezzo, P. Tabuada, O. Sokolsky, Insup Lee, and G. J. Pappas. “Robustness of attack-resilient state estimators.” In Cyber Physical Systems (Iccps), 2014 Acm/Ieee International Conference On, 163–74, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCPS.2014.6843720.
- Gatsis, K., M. Pajic, A. Ribeiro, and G. J. Pappas. “Opportunistic scheduling of control tasks over shared wireless channels.” In Cyber Physical Systems (Iccps), 2014 Acm/Ieee International Conference On, 48–59, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCPS.2014.6843710.
- Ivanov, R., M. Pajic, and Insup Lee. “Attack-resilient sensor fusion.” In Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference and Exhibition (Date), 2014, 1–6, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7873/DATE.2014.067.
- Pajic, M., Z. Jiang, I. Lee, O. Sokolsky, and R. Mangharam. “Safety-critical medical device development using the UPP2SF model translation tool.” Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems 13, no. 4 SPEC. ISSUE (January 1, 2014). https://doi.org/10.1145/2584651.
- Pajic, M., S. Sundaram, and G. J. Pappas. “Stabilizability over deterministic relay networks.” In Decision and Control (Cdc), 2013 Ieee 52nd Annual Conference On, 4018–23, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/CDC.2013.6760504.
- Pajic, M., R. Mangharam, G. J. Pappas, and S. Sundaram. “Topological conditions for in-network stabilization of dynamical systems.” Ieee Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 31, no. 4 (April 4, 2013): 794–807. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2013.130415.
- Pajic, M., A. Chernoguzov, and R. Mangharam. “Robust architectures for embedded wireless network control and actuation.” Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems 11, no. 4 (December 1, 2012). https://doi.org/10.1145/2362336.2362349.
- Pajic, Miroslav, Rahul Mangharam, Oleg Sokolsky, David Arney, Julian Goldman, and Insup Lee. “Model-Driven Safety Analysis of Closed-Loop Medical Systems.” Ieee Transactions on Industrial Informatics, October 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/tii.2012.2226594.
- Pajic, M., Zhihao Jiang, Insup Lee, O. Sokolsky, and R. Mangharam. “From Verification to Implementation: A Model Translation Tool and a Pacemaker Case Study.” In Real Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (Rtas), 2012 Ieee 18th, 173–84, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/RTAS.2012.25.
- Zhihao, Jiang, M. Pajic, and R. Mangharam. “Cyber-Physical Modeling of Implantable Cardiac Medical Devices.” Proceedings of the Ieee 100, no. 1 (January 2012): 122–37. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2011.2161241.
- Pajic, Miroslav, Shreyas Sundaram, Jerome Le Ny, George J. Pappas, and Rahul Mangharam. “Closing the Loop: A Simple Distributed Method for Control over Wireless Networks.” In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, 25–36. ACM, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1145/2185677.2185681.
- Jiang, Zhihao, Miroslav Pajic, Salar Moarref, Rajeev Alur, and Rahul Mangharam. “Modeling and Verification of a Dual Chamber Implantable Pacemaker.” In Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems, 188–203. Springer-Verlag, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-28756-5_14.
- Jiang, Zhihao, Miroslav Pajic, Salar Moarref, Rajeev Alur, and Rahul Mangharam. “Modeling and Verification of a Dual Chamber Implantable Pacemaker.” In Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems, edited by Cormac Flanagan and Barbara KÃ nig, 7214:188–203. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-28756-5_14.
- Pajic, M., S. Sundaram, G. J. Pappas, and R. Mangharam. “The wireless control network: A new approach for control over networks.” Ieee Transactions on Automatic Control 56, no. 10 (October 1, 2011): 2305–18. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2011.2163864.
- Ivanov, R., Suheil J., M. Pajic, and M. Lee, I. “Attack-Resilient Sensor Fusion for Safety-Critical Cyber-Physical Systems (Accepted).” Acm Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, n.d.
- Pajic, M., M. Tabuada, P., M. Lee, I., and M. Pappas, G.J. “Attack-Resilient State Estimation in the Presence of Noise,” 527–32, n.d.