Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Affiliate of the Duke Regeneration Center
- Office Location: Room 379, Medical Sciences Research Building, Box 3093 Med. Ctr., Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-9959
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sc.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2005
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Kappa Delta Young Investigator Award. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Orthopaedic Research Society. 2016
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
In the News
- Study Shows Men and Women Tear ACL the Same Way In Non-Contact Injury (Apr 18, …
- His and Her Knee Injuries Occur the Same Way (Apr 18, 2018 | US News and World …
- How to prevent knee injuries (Dec 1, 2017 | KSAT News)
- Knee arthritis in Americans has doubled since 1940 (Aug 17, 2017 | Science Maga…
- Athletes: Try this to prevent ACL tears and knee injuries (Aug 10, 2017 | WRAL …
- Clinical Sciences Day: Collaboration, Mentorship Lead to Science Successes (Oct…
- Kim-Wang, Sophia Y., Patrick X. Bradley, Hattie C. Cutcliffe, Amber T. Collins, Bryan S. Crook, Chinmay S. Paranjape, Charles E. Spritzer, and Louis E. DeFrate. “Auto-segmentation of the tibia and femur from knee MR images via deep learning and its application to cartilage strain and recovery.” J Biomech 149 (March 2023): 111473. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2023.111473.
- Bradley, Patrick X., Karl N. Thomas, Avery L. Kratzer, Allison C. Robinson, Jocelyn R. Wittstein, Louis E. DeFrate, and Amy L. McNulty. “The Interplay of Biomechanical and Biological Changes Following Meniscus Injury.” Curr Rheumatol Rep 25, no. 2 (February 2023): 35–46. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11926-022-01093-3.
- Foody, Jacqueline N., Patrick X. Bradley, Charles E. Spritzer, Jocelyn R. Wittstein, Louis E. DeFrate, and Zoë A. Englander. “Elevated In Vivo ACL Strain Is Associated With a Straight Knee in Both the Sagittal and the Coronal Planes.” Am J Sports Med 51, no. 2 (February 2023): 422–28. https://doi.org/10.1177/03635465221141876.
- Coppock, J. A., N. E. Zimmer, Z. A. Englander, S. T. Danyluk, A. S. Kosinski, C. E. Spritzer, A. P. Goode, and L. E. DeFrate. “In vivo intervertebral disc mechanical deformation following a treadmill walking "stress test" is inversely related to T1rho relaxation time.” Osteoarthritis Cartilage 31, no. 1 (January 2023): 126–33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joca.2022.09.008.
- Kim-Wang, Sophia Y., Charles E. Spritzer, Kwadwo Owusu-Akyaw, James A. Coppock, Adam P. Goode, Zoë A. Englander, Jocelyn R. Wittstein, and Louis E. DeFrate. “The Predicted Position of the Knee Near the Time of ACL Rupture Is Similar Between 2 Commonly Observed Patterns of Bone Bruising on MRI.” Am J Sports Med 51, no. 1 (January 2023): 58–65. https://doi.org/10.1177/03635465221131551.