Jeffrey P Thomas
Assistant Research Professor in the Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Dr. Thomas' field of research is computational aeroelasticity. This is the study of fluid and structural interaction. Dr. Thomas develops numerical methods to simulate complex physical phenomena.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Research Professor in the Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 237 Hudson Eng Ctr, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5173
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1996
- M.S. University of Kansas, 1991
- B.S. University of Kansas, 1989
- Brown, C; McGowan, G; Cooley, K; Deese, J; Josey, T; Dowell, EH; Thomas, JP, Convolution/Volterra Reduced-Order Modeling for Flutter and LCO Predictions in Highly Nonlinear Systems, Aiaa Science and Technology Forum and Exposition, Aiaa Scitech Forum 2022 (2022) [10.2514/6.2022-0991] [abs].
- Thomas, JP; Dowell, EH, Non-Intrusive Polynomial Chaos Approach for Nonlinear Aeroelastic Uncertainty Quantification, Aiaa Aviation 2022 Forum (2022) [10.2514/6.2022-3869] [abs].
- Thomas, JP; Dowell, EH, Automatic differentiation based nonlinear reduced-order model with geometric gradient computation capability, Aiaa Scitech 2021 Forum (2021), pp. 1-17 [abs].
- Thomas, JP; Dowell, EH, Nonlinear Aeroelastic Reduced-Order Modeling Approach with Geometric Gradient Computation Capability, Aiaa Aviation and Aeronautics Forum and Exposition, Aiaa Aviation Forum 2021 (2021) [10.2514/6.2021-3048] [abs].
- Thomas, JP; Dowell, EH, Methodology for numerically stabilizing a harmonic balance based aeroelastic solution approach, Aiaa Scitech 2020 Forum, vol 1 PartF (2020) [10.2514/6.2020-1446] [abs].