Jeffrey P Thomas
Assistant Research Professor in the Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Dr. Thomas' field of research is computational aeroelasticity. This is the study of fluid and structural interaction. Dr. Thomas develops numerical methods to simulate complex physical phenomena.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Research Professor in the Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 237 Hudson Eng Ctr, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5173
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1996
- M.S. University of Kansas, 1991
- B.S. University of Kansas, 1989
- Thomas, JP; Dowell, EH, Automatic differentiation based nonlinear reduced-order model with geometric gradient computation capability, Aiaa Scitech 2021 Forum (2021), pp. 1-17 [abs].
- Thomas, JP; Dowell, EH, Methodology for numerically stabilizing a harmonic balance based aeroelastic solution approach, Aiaa Scitech 2020 Forum, vol 1 PartF (2020) [10.2514/6.2020-1446] [abs].
- Thomas, JP; Dowell, EH, Discrete adjoint constrained design optimization approach for unsteady transonic aeroelasticity and buffet, Aiaa Aviation 2020 Forum, vol 1 PartF (2020), pp. 1-13 [10.2514/6.2020-3137] [abs].
- Thomas, JP; Dowell, EH; Anderson, M; McGowan, GZ, Progress toward efficient compression algorithms for application in flight simulation environments, Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, vol 16 no. 7 (2019), pp. 278-288 [10.2514/1.I010688] [abs].
- Kim, T; Thomas, JP; Dowell, EH, Flutter prediction based on dynamic eigen decomposition of coupled CFD-CSD flight simulation, International Forum on Aeroelasticity and Structural Dynamics 2019, Ifasd 2019 (2019) [abs].