Associate Professor in Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
My research interests include modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Office Location: 40 Duke Medicine Circle, DUMC, DUMC Box 3805, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-7247
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 2010
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, 2013
- BIOLOGY 493: Research Independent Study
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
In the News
- Function Follows Form for Treating Unilateral Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity (Oct 22…
- Computational Modeling Shows Promise for Otolaryngology Use (May 8, 2017 | ENTt…
- Bhatt, Sandeep, Leda Scearce, Dennis Frank-Ito, Tara Nixon, and Kelly A. Umstead. “A Human-Centered Design Approach to SOVTE Straw Phonation Instruction.” J Voice, February 25, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2023.01.023.
- Gosman, Raluca E., Ryan M. Sicard, Seth M. Cohen, and Dennis O. Frank-Ito. “Comparison of Inhaled Drug Delivery in Patients With One- and Two-level Laryngotracheal Stenosis.” Laryngoscope 133, no. 2 (February 2023): 366–74. https://doi.org/10.1002/lary.30212.
- Gosman, R. E., R. M. Sicard, S. M. Cohen, and D. O. Frank-Ito. “A computational analysis on the impact of multilevel laryngotracheal stenosis on airflow and drug particle dynamics in the upper airway.” Experimental and Computational Multiphase Flow, January 1, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42757-022-0151-9.
- Russel, Sarah M., and Dennis O. Frank-Ito. “Gender Differences in Nasal Anatomy and Function Among Caucasians.” Facial Plast Surg Aesthet Med 25, no. 2 (2023): 145–52. https://doi.org/10.1089/fpsam.2022.0049.
- Commesso, Emily A., Nosayaha Osazuwa-Peters, Dennis O. Frank-Ito, Lisa Einhorn, Keven S. Y. Ji, Nathaniel H. Greene, Rose J. Eapen, and Eileen M. Raynor. “Opioid and non-opioid analgesic prescribing practices for pediatric adenotonsillectomy in a tertiary care center.” Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 163 (October 8, 2022): 111337. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijporl.2022.111337.