Dennis Onyeka Frank-Ito
Assistant Professor of SurgeryMy research interests include modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 40 Duke Medicine Circle, DUMC 3805, 3576 White Zone, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-7247
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2013
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 2010
Modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
In the News
- Computational Modeling Shows Promise for Otolaryngology Use (May 8, 2017 | ENTtoday )
- Carpenter, DJ; Tucci, DL; Kaylie, DM; Frank-Ito, DO, The anatomic determinants of conductive hearing loss secondary to tympanic membrane perforation, Journal of Otology, vol 12 no. 3 (2017), pp. 125-131 [10.1016/j.joto.2017.06.001] [abs].
- Ma, J; Dong, J; Shang, Y; Inthavong, K; Tu, J; Frank-Ito, DO, Numerical air conditioning performance assessment of nasal models with morphologic variations, Proceedings / IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: from nano to macro. IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (2017), pp. 118-121 [10.1109/ISBI.2017.7950482] [abs].
- Carpenter, DJ; Tucci, DL; Kaylie, DM; Frank-Ito, DO, Disagreement in middle ear volume estimation between tympanometry and three-dimensional volume reconstruction in the context of tympanic membrane perforation, Journal of Otology, vol 12 no. 2 (2017), pp. 74-79 [10.1016/j.joto.2017.04.001] [abs].
- A T Borojeni, A; Frank-Ito, DO; Kimbell, JS; Rhee, JS; Garcia, GJM, Creation of an idealized nasopharynx geometry for accurate computational fluid dynamics simulations of nasal airflow in patient-specific models lacking the nasopharynx anatomy., International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering, vol 33 no. 5 (2017) [10.1002/cnm.2825] [abs].
- Patki, A; Frank-Ito, DO, Characterizing human nasal airflow physiologic variables by nasal index., Respiratory Physiology & Neurobiology, vol 232 (2016), pp. 66-74 [10.1016/j.resp.2016.07.004] [abs].