Dennis Onyeka Frank-Ito
Associate Professor in Head and Neck Surgery and Communication Sciences
My research interests include modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Head and Neck Surgery and Communication Sciences
- Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 40 Duke Medicine Circle, DUMC 3805, 3576 White Zone, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-7247
- Email Address: email@example.com
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, 2013
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 2010
Modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
In the News
- Function Follows Form for Treating Unilateral Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity (Oct 22, 2019 | Clinical Practice Today)
- Computational Modeling Shows Promise for Otolaryngology Use (May 8, 2017 | ENTtoday )
- Basu, S; Holbrook, LT; Kudlaty, K; Fasanmade, O; Wu, J; Burke, A; Langworthy, BW; Farzal, Z; Mamdani, M; Bennett, WD; Fine, JP; Senior, BA; Zanation, AM; Ebert, CS; Kimple, AJ; Thorp, BD; Frank-Ito, DO; Garcia, GJM; Kimbell, JS, Numerical evaluation of spray position for improved nasal drug delivery., Scientific Reports, vol 10 no. 1 (2020) [10.1038/s41598-020-66716-0] [abs].
- Borojeni, AAT; Garcia, GJM; Moghaddam, MG; Frank-Ito, DO; Kimbell, JS; Laud, PW; Koenig, LJ; Rhee, JS, Normative ranges of nasal airflow variables in healthy adults., Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg, vol 15 no. 1 (2020), pp. 87-98 [10.1007/s11548-019-02023-y] [abs].
- Tracy, LF; Basu, S; Shah, PV; Frank-Ito, DO; Das, S; Zanation, AM; Kimbell, JS, Impact of endoscopic craniofacial resection on simulated nasal airflow and heat transport., Int Forum Allergy Rhinol, vol 9 no. 8 (2019), pp. 900-909 [10.1002/alr.22328] [abs].
- Frank-Ito, DO, A COMPUTATIONAL ANALYSIS OF AEROSOL DEPORTATION IN LARYNGOTRACHEAL STENOSIS, Journal of Aerosol Medicine and Pulmonary Drug Delivery, vol 32 no. 3 (2019), pp. A10-A10 [abs].
- Inthavong, K; Ma, J; Shang, Y; Dong, J; Chetty, ASR; Tu, J; Frank-Ito, D, Geometry and airflow dynamics analysis in the nasal cavity during inhalation., Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon), vol 66 (2019), pp. 97-106 [10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2017.10.006] [abs].