Dennis Onyeka Frank-Ito
Associate Professor in Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
My research interests include modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 40 Duke Medicine Circle, DUMC 3805, 3576 White Zone, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-7247
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, 2013
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 2010
Modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
- BIOLOGY 493: Research Independent Study
In the News
- Function Follows Form for Treating Unilateral Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity (Oct 22, 2019 | Clinical Practice Today)
- Computational Modeling Shows Promise for Otolaryngology Use (May 8, 2017 | ENTtoday )
- Li, H; Martin, HL; Marcus, JR; Frank-Ito, DO, Analysis of nasal air conditioning in subjects with unilateral cleft lip nasal deformity., Respir Physiol Neurobiol, vol 291 (2021) [10.1016/j.resp.2021.103694] [abs].
- Tillis, RT; Shah, R; Martin, HL; Allori, AC; Marcus, JR; Frank-Ito, DO, A systematic analysis of surgical interventions for the airway in the mature unilateral cleft lip nasal deformity: a single case study., Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg (2021) [10.1007/s11548-021-02396-z] [abs].
- Frank-Ito, DO; Cohen, SM, Orally Inhaled Drug Particle Transport in Computerized Models of Laryngotracheal Stenosis., Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery : Official Journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, vol 164 no. 4 (2021), pp. 829-840 [10.1177/0194599820959674] [abs].
- Sicard, RM; Frank-Ito, DO, Role of nasal vestibule morphological variations on olfactory airflow dynamics., Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon), vol 82 (2021) [10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2021.105282] [abs].
- Shah, R; Marcus, JR; Frank-Ito, DO, Computational Analysis of Olfactory Airspace in Patients With Unilateral Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity., The Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal : Official Publication of the American Cleft Palate Craniofacial Association (2020) [10.1177/1055665620982754] [abs].