Dennis Onyeka Frank-Ito
Assistant Professor of Surgery
My research interests include modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 40 Duke Medicine Circle, DUMC 3805, 3576 White Zone, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-7247
- Email Address: email@example.com
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2013
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 2010
Modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
In the News
- Computational Modeling Shows Promise for Otolaryngology Use (May 8, 2017 | ENTtoday )
- Frank-Ito, DO; Kimbell, JS; Borojeni, AAT; Garcia, GJM; Rhee, JS, A hierarchical stepwise approach to evaluate nasal patency after virtual surgery for nasal airway obstruction., Clinical Biomechanics, vol 61 (2018), pp. 172-180 [10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2018.12.014] [abs].
- Kimbell, JS; Basu, S; Garcia, GJM; Frank-Ito, DO; Lazarow, F; Su, E; Protsenko, D; Chen, Z; Rhee, JS; Wong, BJ, Upper airway reconstruction using long-range optical coherence tomography: Effects of airway curvature on airflow resistance., Lasers in Surgery and Medicine (2018) [10.1002/lsm.23005] [abs].
- Ma, J; Dong, J; Shang, Y; Inthavong, K; Tu, J; Frank-Ito, DO, Air conditioning analysis among human nasal passages with anterior anatomical variations., Medical Engineering & Physics, vol 57 (2018), pp. 19-28 [10.1016/j.medengphy.2018.04.010] [abs].
- Dong, J; Ma, J; Shang, Y; Inthavong, K; Qiu, D; Tu, J; Frank-Ito, D, Detailed nanoparticle exposure analysis among human nasal cavities with distinct vestibule phenotypes, Journal of Aerosol Science, vol 121 (2018), pp. 54-65 [10.1016/j.jaerosci.2018.05.001] [abs].
- Cheng, T; Carpenter, D; Cohen, S; Witsell, D; Frank-Ito, DO, Investigating the effects of laryngotracheal stenosis on upper airway aerodynamics., Laryngoscope, vol 128 no. 4 (2018), pp. E141-E149 [10.1002/lary.26954] [abs].