Dennis Onyeka Frank-Ito
Associate Professor in Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
My research interests include modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 40 Duke Medicine Circle, DUMC, DUMC Box 3805, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-7247
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, 2013
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 2010
Modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
- BIOLOGY 493: Research Independent Study
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
In the News
- Function Follows Form for Treating Unilateral Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity (Oct 22, 2019 | Clinical Practice Today)
- Computational Modeling Shows Promise for Otolaryngology Use (May 8, 2017 | ENTtoday )
- Ji, KSY; Frank-Ito, D; Abi Hachem, R; Issa, K; Johnson, C; Mohamedaly, O; Goldstein, BJ; Jang, DW, Endoscopic Sinus Surgery for Cystic Fibrosis: Variables Influencing Sinonasal and Pulmonary Outcomes., Am J Rhinol Allergy, vol 36 no. 3 (2022), pp. 307-312 [10.1177/19458924211059606] [abs].
- Shah, R; Frank-Ito, DO, The role of normal nasal morphological variations from race and gender differences on respiratory physiology., Respir Physiol Neurobiol, vol 297 (2022) [10.1016/j.resp.2021.103823] [abs].
- Tillis, RT; Shah, R; Martin, HL; Allori, AC; Marcus, JR; Frank-Ito, DO, A systematic analysis of surgical interventions for the airway in the mature unilateral cleft lip nasal deformity: a single case study., Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg, vol 17 no. 1 (2022), pp. 41-53 [10.1007/s11548-021-02396-z] [abs].
- Shah, R; Marcus, JR; Frank-Ito, DO, Computational Analysis of Olfactory Airspace in Patients With Unilateral Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity., The Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal : Official Publication of the American Cleft Palate Craniofacial Association, vol 58 no. 10 (2021), pp. 1242-1250 [10.1177/1055665620982754] [abs].
- Li, H; Martin, HL; Marcus, JR; Frank-Ito, DO, Analysis of nasal air conditioning in subjects with unilateral cleft lip nasal deformity., Respir Physiol Neurobiol, vol 291 (2021) [10.1016/j.resp.2021.103694] [abs].