Associate Professor in Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
My research interests include modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Office Location: 40 Duke Medicine Circle, DUMC, DUMC Box 3805, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-7247
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 2010
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, 2013
- BIOLOGY 493: Research Independent Study
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
In the News
- Function Follows Form for Treating Unilateral Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity (Oct 22…
- Computational Modeling Shows Promise for Otolaryngology Use (May 8, 2017 | ENTt…
- Chiang, Harry, Hannah L. Martin, Ryan M. Sicard, and Dennis O. Frank-Ito. “Olfactory drug delivery with intranasal sprays after nasal midvault reconstruction.” Int J Pharm 644 (September 25, 2023): 123341. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2023.123341.
- Russel, Sarah M., Zainab Farzal, Charles Ebert, Robert Buckmire, Christine DeMason, Rupali Shah, and Dennis O. Frank-Ito. “Finding the Potholes in Academic Career Pathways for Underrepresented Groups in Otolaryngology.” Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, September 5, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1002/ohn.513.
- Gosman, R. E., J. R. Marcus, and D. O. Frank-Ito. “Nasal Airflow Dynamics Before and After Septorhinoplasty for Correction of Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity: A Single Patient Case Report.” Face 4, no. 3 (September 1, 2023): 319–26. https://doi.org/10.1177/27325016231177456.
- Russel, Sarah M., Harry Chiang, John B. Finlay, Reanna Shah, Jeffrey R. Marcus, David W. Jang, Ralph Abi Hachem, Bradley J. Goldstein, and Dennis Onyeka Frank-Ito. “Characterizing Olfactory Dysfunction in Patients with Unilateral Cleft Lip Nasal Deformities.” Facial Plast Surg Aesthet Med, May 2, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1089/fpsam.2022.0367.
- Popper, Carson, Hannah Martin, Reanna Shah, Ryan Sicard, Katrina Hodges, and Dennis Onyeka Frank-Ito. “Intranasal Spray Characteristics for Best Drug Delivery in Patients With Chronic Rhinosinusitis.” Laryngoscope 133, no. 5 (May 2023): 1036–43. https://doi.org/10.1002/lary.30155.