Master of Engineering (MEng) in Computational Mechanics and Scientific Computing
Prepare for a career developing model-based simulations and designs
Through an innovative partnership with the Duke Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Duke MEMS offers a Master of Engineering (MEng) degree in Computational Mechanics and Scientific Computing.
This Master of Engineering (MEng) program is offered by Duke MEMS in partnership with the Duke Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering.
Our faculty, together with experts in CEE, offer master's students focused training in the use of modern computational algorithms for model-based simulation and design.
Our program is one of the most comprehensive in the world, offering courses in finite element methods for applications in solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, and coupled field problems.
This specialized training prepares Duke graduates for careers in fields such as:
- Biomedical device design
- Automotive simulations/crashworthiness
- Noise reduction in vehicles; mobile device design and vibration analysis
- Infrastructure design and analysis
- Additive manufacturing
- Industrial product design
- 30 course credits (including specialized technical classes and core business courses)
- 1 Seminar
- Required Internship or Project
- For fall and spring entry, visit the Duke Engineering MEng website »