Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental EngineeringWilkins Aquino obtained a BSCE from Purdue University, and a MS and PhD in Civil Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Before joining the Duke Faculty, he was an associate professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Cornell University. He was also a member of the fields of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics and Applied Mathematics at Cornell. Prof. Aquino has broad interests in computational mechanics, including finite element methods, computational inverse problems, uncertainty quantification, coupled chemo-mechanics, and computational acoustics, among others.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of Illinois -- Urbana-Champaign, 2002
Computational mechanics, finite element methods, computational inverse problems and their applications in engineering and biomedicine, scientific computing, computational acoustics and acoustics-structure interaction, coupled chemo-mechanics (e.g. electrochemistry-mechanics).
- CEE 421L: Matrix Structural Analysis
- CEE 492: Projects in Civil Engineering
- CEE 530: Introduction to the Finite Element Method
- CEE 690: Advanced Topics in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- CEE 701: Graduate Colloquium
- CEE 702: Graduate Colloquium
- EGR 201L: Mechanics of Solids
- ME 524: Introduction to the Finite Element Method
- Diaz, MI; Aquino, W; Bonnet, M, A Modified Error in Constitutive Equation Approach for Frequency-Domain Viscoelasticity Imaging Using Interior Data., Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol 296 (2015), pp. 129-149 [abs].
- Dutta, P; Urban, MW; Le Maître, OP; Greenleaf, JF; Aquino, W, Simultaneous identification of elastic properties, thickness, and diameter of arteries excited with ultrasound radiation force., Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol 60 no. 13 (2015), pp. 5279-5296 [abs].
- Bonnet, M; Aquino, W, Three-dimensional transient elastodynamic inversion using an error in constitutive relation functional, Inverse Problems, vol 31 no. 3 (2015), pp. 035010-035010 [10.1088/0266-5611/31/3/035010] [abs].
- Warner, JE; Aquino, W; Grigoriu, MD, Stochastic reduced order models for inverse problems under uncertainty., Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol 285 (2015), pp. 488-514 [abs].
- Khodayi-Mehr, R; Aquino, W; Zavlanos, MM, Model-based sparse source identification, Proceedings of the American Control Conference, vol 2015-July (2015), pp. 1818-1823 [10.1109/ACC.2015.7170997] [abs].