Robert E. Kielb
Affiliated Professor, Swedish Royal Institute of Technology Director, GUIde Consortium
- Office Location: 179 Hudson Hall
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5327
- Email Address:
- Web Pages:
|PhD||Ohio State University||1981|
|MS||Ohio State University||1975|
Conducts research and supervises graduate students in the areas of unsteady aerodynamics, aeroelasticity, mistuning, damping, and probabilistic methods. Principal investigator on AFOSR, DARPA, NASA, and Industrial funded research projects. Provides consultion services to turbine engine companies, including most major companies. Teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in mechanical engineering with emphasis on vibration and design.
- ME 544.01 - ADV MECHANICAL VIBRATIONS
- ME 555.01 - ADVANCED TOPICS
- ME 555.07 - ADVANCED TOPICS
- ME 555.14 - ADVANCED TOPICS
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- R. Kielb and J. Barter and O. Chernycheva and T. Fransson, Flutter of low pressure turbine blades with cyclic symmetric modes: A preliminary design method, Journal Of Turbomachinery-transactions Of The Asme, vol 126 no. 2 (2004), pp. 306 -- 309 [abs].
- V. Ramamurti and R. Kielb, Natural frequencies of twisted rotating plates, Journal Of Sound And Vibration, vol 97 no. 3 (1984), pp. 429 -- 449.