Omar M. Knio
Edmund T. Pratt Jr. School Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials ScienceMy research interests encompass computational fluid mechanics, oceanic and atmospheric flows, turbulent flow, physical acoustics, chemically-reactive flow, energetic materials, microfluidic devices, dynamical systems, numerical methods, and asymptotic and stochastic techniques.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Edmund T. Pratt Jr. School Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Office Location: 144 Hudson Hall, Box 90300, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5344
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1990
- Sraj, I; Zedler, SE; Knio, OM; Jackson, CS; Hoteit, I, Polynomial Chaos–Based Bayesian Inference of K -Profile Parameterization in a General Circulation Model of the Tropical Pacific, Monthly Weather Review, vol 144 no. 12 (2016), pp. 4621-4640 [10.1175/MWR-D-15-0394.1] [abs].
- Langodan, S; Viswanadhapalli, Y; Dasari, HP; Knio, O; Hoteit, I, A high-resolution assessment of wind and wave energy potentials in the Red Sea, Applied Energy, vol 181 (2016), pp. 244-255 [10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.08.076] [abs].
- Bisetti, F; Kim, D; Knio, O; Long, Q; Tempone, R, Optimal Bayesian Experimental Design for Priors of Compact Support with Application to Shock-Tube Experiments for Combustion Kinetics, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol 108 no. 2 (2016), pp. 136-155 [10.1002/nme.5211] [abs].
- Wang, T; Le Maître, OP; Hoteit, I; Knio, OM, Path planning in uncertain flow fields using ensemble method, Ocean Dynamics, vol 66 no. 10 (2016), pp. 1231-1251 [10.1007/s10236-016-0979-2] [abs].
- Contreras, AA; Le Maître, OP; Aquino, W; Knio, OM, Multi-model polynomial chaos surrogate dictionary for Bayesian inference in elasticity problems, Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, vol 46 (2016), pp. 107-119 [10.1016/j.probengmech.2016.08.004] [abs].