Omar M. Knio
Edmund T. Pratt Jr. School Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials ScienceMy research interests encompass computational fluid mechanics, oceanic and atmospheric flows, turbulent flow, physical acoustics, chemically-reactive flow, energetic materials, microfluidic devices, dynamical systems, numerical methods, and asymptotic and stochastic techniques.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Edmund T. Pratt Jr. School Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5344
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1990
- Langodan, S; Viswanadhapalli, Y; Dasari, HP; Knio, O; Hoteit, I, A high-resolution assessment of wind and wave energy potentials in the Red Sea, Applied Energy, vol 181 (2016), pp. 244-255 [10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.08.076] [abs].
- Winokur, J; Kim, D; Bisetti, F; Le Maître, OP; Knio, OM, Sparse Pseudo Spectral Projection Methods with Directional Adaptation for Uncertainty Quantification, Journal of Scientific Computing, vol 68 no. 2 (2016), pp. 596-623 [10.1007/s10915-015-0153-x] [abs].
- Kadoura, A; Siripatana, A; Sun, S; Knio, O; Hoteit, I, Single-site Lennard-Jones models via polynomial chaos surrogates of Monte Carlo molecular simulation, Journal of Chemical Physics, vol 144 no. 21 (2016), pp. 214301-214301 [10.1063/1.4952976] [abs].
- Wang, S; Iskandarani, M; Srinivasan, A; Thacker, WC; Winokur, J; Knio, OM, Propagation of uncertainty and sensitivity analysis in an integral oil-gas plume model, Journal of Geophysical Research. Oceans, vol 121 no. 5 (2016), pp. 3488-3501 [10.1002/2015JC011365] [abs].
- Gonçalves, RC; Iskandarani, M; Srinivasan, A; Thacker, WC; Chassignet, E; Knio, OM, A framework to quantify uncertainty in simulations of oil transport in the ocean, Journal of Geophysical Research. Oceans, vol 121 no. 4 (2016), pp. 2058-2077 [10.1002/2015JC011311] [abs].