Michael M. Zavlanos
Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials ScienceMichael M. Zavlanos specializes in the area of networked control systems, distributed control and optimization, hybrid control, with applications to robotic, sensor, communication, and biomolecular networks.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of Pennsylvania, 2008
Research InterestsA range of topics in the emerging discipline of networked dynamical systems, which studies systems of physical agents interacting via a communication medium in search of joint control principles that determine network behavior. Focus on robotic and sensor networks, with applications in formation flying, communication maintenance or intruder detection, as well as on biological and social networks, whose structure and operations respectively determine the way in which many diseases are formed and information is spread. Particularly interested in hybrid solution techniques, on the interface of control theory with the discrete science of networks and graphs.
- Kantaros, Y; Zavlanos, MM, Sampling-based control synthesis for multi-robot systems under global temporal specifications, Proceedings - 2017 ACM/IEEE 8th International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, ICCPS 2017 (part of CPS Week) (2017), pp. 3-13 [10.1145/3055004.3055027] [abs].
- Freundlich, C; Lee, S; Zavlanos, MM, Distributed estimation and control for robotic sensor networks, 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control, CDC 2016 (2016), pp. 3518-3523 [10.1109/CDC.2016.7798797] [abs].
- Lee, S; Zavlanos, MM, Approximate projections for decentralized optimization with SDP constraints, 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control, CDC 2016 (2016), pp. 1030-1035 [10.1109/CDC.2016.7798403] [abs].
- Kantaros, Y; Zavlanos, MM, Simultaneous intermittent communication control and path optimization in networks of mobile robots, 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control, CDC 2016 (2016), pp. 1794-1799 [10.1109/CDC.2016.7798525] [abs].
- Lee, S; Ribeiro, A; Zavlanos, MM, Distributed continuous-time online optimization using saddle-point methods, 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control, CDC 2016 (2016), pp. 4314-4319 [10.1109/CDC.2016.7798923] [abs].