Michael M. Zavlanos
Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials ScienceMichael M. Zavlanos specializes in the area of networked control systems, distributed control and optimization, hybrid control, with applications to robotic, sensor, communication, and biomolecular networks.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Pennsylvania, 2008
Research InterestsA range of topics in the emerging discipline of networked dynamical systems, which studies systems of physical agents interacting via a communication medium in search of joint control principles that determine network behavior. Focus on robotic and sensor networks, with applications in formation flying, communication maintenance or intruder detection, as well as on biological and social networks, whose structure and operations respectively determine the way in which many diseases are formed and information is spread. Particularly interested in hybrid solution techniques, on the interface of control theory with the discrete science of networks and graphs.
- CEE 627: Linear System Theory
- COMPSCI 391: Independent Study
- ECE 382: Linear Control Systems
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ME 344L: Control of Dynamic Systems
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 627: Linear System Theory
- ME 758S: Curricular Practical Training
- Chatzipanagiotis, N; Dentcheva, D; Zavlanos, MM, An augmented Lagrangian method for distributed optimization, Mathematical Programming, vol 152 no. 1-2 (2015), pp. 405-434 [10.1007/s10107-014-0808-7] [abs].
- Aranda, M; López-Nicolás, G; Sagüés, C; Zavlanos, MM, Coordinate-free formation stabilization based on relative position measurements, Automatica, vol 57 (2015), pp. 11-20 [10.1016/j.automatica.2015.03.030] [abs].
- Khodayi-Mehr, R; Aquino, W; Zavlanos, MM, Model-based sparse source identification, Proceedings of the American Control Conference, vol 2015-July (2015), pp. 1818-1823 [10.1109/ACC.2015.7170997] [abs].
- Freundlich, C; Mordohai, P; Zavlanos, MM, Optimal path planning and resource allocation for active target localization, Proceedings of the American Control Conference, vol 2015-July (2015), pp. 3088-3093 [10.1109/ACC.2015.7171807] [abs].
- Chatzipanagiotis, N; Zavlanos, MM, On the convergence rate of a Distributed Augmented Lagrangian optimization algorithm, Proceedings of the American Control Conference, vol 2015-July (2015), pp. 541-546 [10.1109/ACC.2015.7170791] [abs].