Lazlo Ormandy Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Lazlo Ormandy Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor in Cell Biology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Phone: (919) 684-2521
- Web Pages:
- Ph.D. Columbia University, 1991
Tissue Repair, Tissue Engineering
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Borelli Award. American Society of Biomechanics. 2010
- Fellows. American Society of Mechanical Engineers. 2007
- Marshall R. Urist Award. Orthopaedic Research Society. 2006
- Fellows. American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. 2005
- Y.C. Fung Young Investigator Award. American Society of Mechanical Engineers. 2000
- New Investigator Recognition Award Winners. Orthopaedic Research Society. 1994
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 899: Special Readings in Biomedical Engineering
- EGR 391: Projects in Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 493: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 494: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
- PHYSICS 495: Thesis Independent Study
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Wu, CL; Jain, D; McNeill, JN; Little, D; Anderson, JA; Huebner, JL; Kraus, VB; Rodriguiz, RM; Wetsel, WC; Guilak, F, Dietary fatty acid content regulates wound repair and the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis following joint injury., Annals of the rheumatic diseases, vol 74 no. 11 (2015), pp. 2076-2083 [10.1136/annrheumdis-2014-205601] [abs].
- Christiansen, BA; Guilak, F; Lockwood, KA; Olson, SA; Pitsillides, AA; Sandell, LJ; Silva, MJ; van der Meulen, MC; Haudenschild, DR, Non-invasive mouse models of post-traumatic osteoarthritis., Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol 23 no. 10 (2015), pp. 1627-1638 [10.1016/j.joca.2015.05.009] [abs].
- Mellor, LF; Mohiti-Asli, M; Williams, J; Kannan, A; Dent, MR; Guilak, F; Loboa, EG, Extracellular Calcium Modulates Chondrogenic and Osteogenic Differentiation of Human Adipose-Derived Stem Cells: A Novel Approach for Osteochondral Tissue Engineering Using a Single Stem Cell Source., Tissue Engineering, Part A, vol 21 no. 17-18 (2015), pp. 2323-2333 [10.1089/ten.tea.2014.0572] [abs].
- Olson, SA; Furman, BD; Kraus, VB; Huebner, JL; Guilak, F, Therapeutic opportunities to prevent post-traumatic arthritis: Lessons from the natural history of arthritis after articular fracture., Journal of Orthopaedic Research, vol 33 no. 9 (2015), pp. 1266-1277 [10.1002/jor.22940] [abs].
- Orr, SB; Chainani, A; Hippensteel, KJ; Kishan, A; Gilchrist, C; Garrigues, NW; Ruch, DS; Guilak, F; Little, D, Aligned multilayered electrospun scaffolds for rotator cuff tendon tissue engineering., Acta Biomaterialia, vol 24 (2015), pp. 117-126 [10.1016/j.actbio.2015.06.010] [abs].