Dennis Onyeka Frank-Ito
Assistant Professor of SurgeryMy research interests include modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 40 Duke Medicine Circle, DUMC 3805, 3576 White Zone, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-7247
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 2010
Modeling the effects of human airway anatomy on respiratory airflow patterns, deposition of inhaled gases and particle transport using computational fluid dynamics.
- Patki, A; Frank-Ito, DO, Characterizing human nasal airflow physiologic variables by nasal index., Respiratory Physiology & Neurobiology, vol 232 (2016), pp. 66-74 [10.1016/j.resp.2016.07.004] [abs].
- Kimbell, JS; Frank-Ito, DO, Mechanical Nasal Dilators for the Management of Nasal Obstruction., JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery, vol 18 no. 5 (2016), pp. 389-390 [10.1001/jamafacial.2016.0656] [abs].
- Patki, AU; Ronen, O; Kaylie, DM; Frank-Ito, DO; Piker, EG, Anatomic Variations in Temporal Bones Affect the Intensity of Nystagmus During Warm Caloric Irrigation., Otology and Neurotology, vol 37 no. 8 (2016), pp. 1111-1116 [10.1097/mao.0000000000001129] [abs].
- A T Borojeni, A; Frank-Ito, DO; Kimbell, JS; Rhee, JS; Garcia, GJM, Creation of an idealized nasopharynx geometry for accurate computational fluid dynamics simulations of nasal airflow in patient-specific models lacking the nasopharynx anatomy., International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering (2016) [10.1002/cnm.2825] [abs].
- Keeler, JA; Patki, A; Woodard, CR; Frank-Ito, DO, A Computational Study of Nasal Spray Deposition Pattern in Four Ethnic Groups., Journal of Aerosol Medicine and Pulmonary Drug Delivery, vol 29 no. 2 (2016), pp. 153-166 [10.1089/jamp.2014.1205] [abs].